These high-protein, meal-prep friendly breakfast bites are a staple in my weekly menu until further notice.
Ingredients (yields 2 egg cups)
- 1 slice meat of choice (turkey bacon, prosciutto, bacon, ham, deli meat, etc!)
- 2 large eggs (I love Vital Farms)
- 1 sprig of fresh herbs (basil, parsley, or sage)
- 2 tbsp fresh scallion, sliced into rounds
- 1 tbsp parmesan
- Salt and pep or everything but the bagel seasoning
Optional add ins: cherry tomato, wilted spinach or greens, diced pepper, onion, buffalo sauce, pesto … get wild!
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees
- Spray a non-stick muffin tin with avocado oil. Option to use parchment or silicon liners for eggstra caution.
- Arrange 1/2 slice of meat into the muffin tin. Pro tip: for turkey bacon, I cut in half length wise, and wrap around the mold like a belt. For prosciutto, I cut in half width wise and press into the mold like a pocket.
- If you are using turkey bacon or bacon, pop into the oven for 5 minutes at this stage.
- If you are using fillings such as diced veggies or wilted greens, add them here.
- Crack a whole egg into each mold. Place your fresh herbs and scallions on top. Sprinkle with parmesan and crack with salt and pepper or Everything But the Bagel seasoning.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, until the whites are *mostly* set and the yolks are still a bit jammy. The whites will experience some residual cooking as they cool (and when you rehEAT), so it’s okay to undercook just a bit to preserve the jammy yolk. We don’t want these dry!
- Allow to cool before transferring to glass storage container. Store for up to 7 days in the fridge.
To prevent overcooking, microwave gently in 30 second intervals until warm.