Tune into the ‘gram every Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday… and you’ll find this combo on my plate. Can’t imagine eating vegetables for breakfast? Just trust me on this one…
And don’t get it twisted, I use this method no matter the hour of the day.
Ingredients (yields 2 servings)
- 1/2 lb brussels sprouts (~200g), halved or quartered
- 1/2 medium red onion (~100g), cut into wedges
- 1/2 tsp avocado oil
- 1/2 tbsp thyme
- 1/2 tbsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
Optional add ins: apple, pear, grapes, sweet potato, butternut squash, turkey bacon, bacon, prosciutto
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Assemble brussels and onion on a tinfoil or parchment lined baking tray (this is key to getting the brussels caramelized – tender yet crispy)
- Drizzle with oil and sprinkle with seasoning. Toss it all around and spread out as evenly as possible on the baking tray. Too much overlap and the veggies will steam and dry, rather than caramelize.
- Roast the veggies for roughly 35 minutes, untouched for 15 minutes and then shaking every 10 for the last 20.
Air fry on medium heat for 6 minutes!
Store as meal prep and serve with Jammy Egg Cups when you’re ready to eat or…
- Roast the veggies for 25 minutes
- Create a pocket on your pan, and crack on 2-4 eggs and 1-2 cut slices of turkey bacon, bacon, or prosciutto
- Roast for an additional 10 minutes
- Plate and eat fresh!