I recently stumbled upon a few versions of the quote:
“The best way to predict the future, is to invent it.”
I’m not sure that any of these like-minded philosophical geniuses were thinking about the MVP meal prep when they dropped this little inspiration bomb, but it sure made me see the value of the preparation and planning I invest my time and energy into each week.
Think of it like this…
If the end-goal – the unpredictable future – is, “I want to look and feel my best,” then the action is…
“I will fuel my body with nutritious food.” But, How?
“I will have nutritious food available to me.” Again, how?
“I will prepare nutritious food in advance.”
And so on and so on, until we boil it down to…
“I will go the grocery store on Saturday morning.”
And just like that, with small but mighty action-items, we have created the future we desire. Pretty empowering, huh?
As much as we can all agree on the paramount importance of meal prep, sometimes… we just can’t seem to find the hours in the day. (Psstt… check that screen time report on your iPhone). Or maybe, we just don’t want to find the hours in the day. I completely get it! When meal prep feels overwhelming or all-consuming, turn to these low-to-no prep required fridge, freezer, and pantry staples to help you build complete, nutrient-dense meals in a matter of minutes. Time to hit the shelves and stock up, fam!
fruits n’ veggies
starches + grains
- Sausage and Pepper Skillet from All the Healthy Things
- Cauliflower Arancini Bowl from fitlicity
- Blueberry Peanut Butter Overnight Oats from Ambitious Kitchen
- Hummus + Chicken Lunch Box from Project Meal Plan
- No-Cook Chicken Cobb Salad from Everyday Meal Prep
- Shrimp Ceviche from Simply Sissom
- Deli Snack Box from Damn Delicious
- Avocado Egg Salad from Downshiftology
- Avocado and Greek Yogurt Tuna Salad from Organize Yourself Skinny
- Turkey Pinwheels from Project Meal Plan