What a wonderful world we live in, where we have the power to become anything we want to be. Just look at me, a graphic designer by 4+ years of education and 6+ years of on-the-job training, turned nutritionist and soon-to-be personal trainer/fitness instructor by the grace of one small (but really, really big) resolution, almost three years ago, to eat more greens and less grease. And just look at this head of cauliflower, a cruciferous veggie turned literally anything your heart desires – pizza, pudding (for real!), rice… and in this case, mash.
Cauliflower Mash is such an easy and delicious way to put a heaping serving of nutritious vegetables on your plate.
This recipe is:
- super simple
- meal prep friendly
- low carb
- keto friendly
- ultra tasty (of course)
Garlic + Herb Cauliflower Mash
- 1 medium-large head cauliflower
- 1/4 cup non-fat, plain greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp garlic and herb seasoning – I love Primal Palate! (you can also sub with a combo of garlic powder + thyme + sage
- 1 tsp chives
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- dash of salt + pep (to taste)
- optional: 1 tsp of EVOO or ghee (mix in or drizzle upon serving)
- Bring a large pot of water to boil over high heat. Meanwhile, trim leaves and green stem of cauliflower
- Transfer trimmed cauliflower head and any florets that may have broken away to the pot and boil for about 12 minutes
- Carefully strain the cauliflower and break lightly with a fork. Pro tip: you want the cauliflower to retain most of the moisture from steaming so that it blends nicely, but don’t want it over-saturated or you’ll wind up with watery mash. Give if a few good shakes, but don’t force the water out.
- Transfer the cauliflower to a food processor or blender, add in remaining ingredients, and blend on high until you reach desired consistency. I like it mostly smooth but just a little chunky 😉
- Serve hot with an optional drizzle of EVOO or ghee, or portion and store in the fridge for up to five days!