There’s just something that warms my belly and my soul about putting a lil fitlicity flair on meals that traditionally lack nutritional value. These recipes are usually my idea of comfort food: hearty, made in one big dish, most likely cheesy, and definitely served hot. Introducing my take on a Spinach Artichoke Casserole that is packed with just as much protein and fibrous veggies as it is familiar flavor. This combo is super macro-friendly and uses carefully selected ingredients that taste like the real deal 2/$20 app (you know what I’m talking about ;)) with a major nutritional boost.
Spinach Artichoke Cauli + Chicken Bake
Yields: 3-4 servings
- 1 medium head cauliflower, chopped into florets
- 8 oz lean ground chicken
- 3 large cloves garlic, diced
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 bag (6 oz) baby spinach, steamed
- 1 can artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
- 2/3 cup (150 g) non-fat, plain greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup cottage cheese
- 1 oz shredded mozzarella
- 2 tbsp grated parmesan
- Salt & pep to taste
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees
- Assemble your cauliflower florets on a parchment lined baking sheet and drizzle with 1 tsp EVOO and dash with salt and pepper. Roast for about 30 minutes or until tips are golden.
- Meanwhile, sauté ground chicken, garlic, and onion over medium heat until chicken is browned and onions are translucent & fragrant.
- Add remaining ingredients in a large bowl and stir to combine. If you’ve got a lot of excess liquid, give the mixture a quick drain. (P.S. I steamed my spinach in the microwave. It’s super fast and prevents excess liquid from forming!)
- Mix in chicken mixture and roasted cauliflower and add to a medium sized casserole dish.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until cheese is super melty!