Ooey-gooey, warm n’ cozy, my goodness gracious. This Cauliflower Arancini Bowl makes me happy from my tastebuds all the way down to my toes. As the weather starts to cool, I’m all about curling up on the couch with a big bowl of comfort food and a Netflix marathon. Which is quite literally what I did after whipping this one up.
Picture me, pacing the kitchen on a rainy Sunday evening – you know, the type that just screams, “order takeout!” – considering the perfect combo for an “Everything But The Kitchen Sink” supper, when a halo of light surrounds the (paleo friendly ;)) marinara in my fridge. Inspo hits! With just a few more ingredients from my always-stocked freezer, fridge and pantry, I had a delicious and nutritious dinner that took me right back to my Study Abroad session in Italy with all the flavor, none of the grease, and a little less wine 😉
This recipe is:
- Meal Prep friendly
- Low carb
- Keto friendly
- Vegetarian option
Yields 1 serving
- 2 cups riced cauliflower, fresh or frozen (thaw if frozen)
- 1/4 cup peas, fresh or frozen (thaw if frozen)
- 1 link of your favorite Italian chicken sausage (this is mine!), finely chopped
- 1/4 cup of your favorite marinara
- 1/2 – 1 oz shredded mozzarella cheese
- Plant-based? You can totally sub your favorite non-dairy cheese alternative.
- 1/2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp EVOOO
- 1/2 tbsp Italian (or pizza) seasoning
- Don’t have Italian seasoning? I suggest a combo of basil, oregano, thyme, rosemary, and garlic powder
Double, tripple, or hell – quadruple (!) this recipe for a super simple meal prep friendly dish.
- Add EVOO to a large pan over medium heat
- Toss in cauliflower rice and peas and sauté until cauliflower rice is lightly golden, about 3 minutes
- Add chicken sausage and continue to sauté, approximately 3 minutes
- Stir in marinara, nutritional yeast, and spices. Combine thoroughly, allowing the sauce to warm (about two minutes) and then remove from heat.
- Sprinkle in mozzarella and mix to combine. Be sure to remove from heat before this step, if the pan is too hot, the mozzarella will clump and burn instead of melt.
- Spoon into a bowl and eat immediately for that gooey-goodness! But not before topping with fresh parsley, a sprinkle of parmesan cheese, and toasted pine nuts (optional).